Sunday 14 June 2009

Card for farewell


Hello! It's been a long time since my last post! Things are whirling along here, busy busy busy. I haven't been doing nearly as much stamping as I'd like, and haven't had time to post anything.
I thought I'd post this one, but the photo didn't turn out great. It's hard to take pictures of black cards!
I stamped this with my mother, who's visiting. We'd hoped for more stamping time, but we've been having fun doing other stuff. (Yes, I will grudgingly admit that other stuff can be fun too....)
A colleague asked me to make a farewell/congratulations card for someone leaving for a promotion. I will make a sentiment to that effect for the inside. I left the outside all-purpose since I didn't have a "Farewell and Congratulations on Your Promotion" stamp. (Must be the one stamp I don't have.....)
The focal image was stamped in stazon on very vanilla, twice, and coloured with prismacolor crayons. I cut out a few squares and popped them up. The image is mounted on some lovely gold metallic navy, and black. The image behind is black treated with Perfect Pearls and embossed in my Cuttlebug. (Tip: don't use the Perfect Pearls cube direct to paper....) The cardbase is black, stamped with some good background stamps from Australia (Stamp It). They are those nice images that aren't really images but look good in the background. There's a sort of mesh with key, and a flourish. They were stamped in chalk ink to show up on the black.
I know I say it every time, but this looks better in real life. It's a bit shimmery, but not too shimmery, and will be just the perfect thing for us to wish this fellow well. We'll really miss him. He's one of those top notch guys to work with.
Thanks for stopping by!
Supplies: Stamps: Stampers Anonymous, Stamp It; Ink: black stazon, French Blue and Alabaster fluid chalk ink; paper: very vanilla, basic black, navy gold metallic, brushed silver; other: perfect pearls and perfect pearls ink, mister, pewter brads (Making Memories), Cuttlebug textiles folder.

No comments:

Post a Comment