Monday 27 April 2009

Baby Mobile



Isn't this a darling image! I fell in love with it when I saw it at my LSS, and there was a beautiful sample with it too. Our neighbours had a baby boy recently and I made this card to take over to them along with some muffins and stew that I made. (I'm home with DD2 who has an earache, hence the domestic flurry. The winter coats are even on the line drying! Lest you think I'm some sort of spring cleaning domestic goddess, the winter boots are still languishing in the hall closet.)

The mobile image was stamped with Palette noir and coloured with Prismacolor pencil crayons. I added a line to frame with a certainly celery marker. The image is mounted on celery, then a charming piece of patterned paper (Urban Prairie) in turquoise and celery. I found the perfect match in textured matting paper in a DCVW pad. A few buttons (from stash) and some Stampin Up rick rack finish it off. The rick rack is one of those embellishments (as in all ribbon) that I often get out, but usually put back because I can't figure out what to do with it. I'm pleased with myself for actually using it here, especially since it's from my stash of hoarded Cool Caribbean accessories. The background papers and card base were edged in French blue fluid chalk ink for some interest, and because I am seemingly incapable of making a card these days without some form of chalk ink on it somewhere. The brad on the mobile is bashful blue, and I'd rather it was celery, but I used all my celery brads on a class I think so blue was left. I tried it with a dewdrop, but I liked the brad better, just wish it was green. Rats, it now occurs to me that I could have embossed it with celery ink and turned it green. Oh well, that wasn't really on the schedule for a quickie card between running upstairs to hang out laundry, make lunch and soothe fitful child with earache. Hope they don't read this blog to discover the fatal flaw in their card! Yikes! Heaven forbid!

So has anyone else been watching Lost in Austen on TVO? It was so good! I loved it. That pond scene was the most marvellous nod to the Pride and Prejudice miniseries. I had to rewind the pond scene several times to appreciate fully the richness of its cinematic merit. I've also gotten hooked on In Treatment. I think I might be developing a crush on Gabriel Byrne. It must be the Irish accent, because I don't really watch the, I just listen as I feverishly cut and sort projects for 24 stampers this Sunday (3 cards x 4 styles x 24 stampers = lots of cutting and sorting). Also, 99% of the scenes are in his apartment/treatment room and there is only so much brown I can watch at a time. Maybe that's why his eyes look so blue - it's the backdrop of a thousand shades of Forest Floor.... Anyway, 15 episodes of In Treatment and one teensy crush later (well two if you count Mr Darcy dans l'eau), I am finished cutting, sorting and bagging all 2652,69922,32q0q projects and am looking forward to a great big Stamping Extravaganza on Sunday!

Thanks for stopping by.







Anyway, back to the card. It's a

No comments:

Post a Comment