Wednesday 18 March 2009

Bellarific Friday in green



I think all the green from yesterday must have been on my mind when I used this picture for my colour inspiration for the Bellarific Friday challenge this week.

Raise your hand if you're surprised that I didn't go with an orange theme instead! LOL. Actually I love these warm colours, it's just that I wanted the card base to be green, and there just be a hit of orange on the colouring. Should I confess that the butterfly started off pink and yellow and I had to redo it so it was orangey-red? Yep. I'm just not an orange gal. And this card also stretched my creativity because it used a lot of Bold Bright colours (gable green and green galore) and even (gasp!) yo yo yellow ink.

I also managed to incorporate ribbon. I cut one piece, tied it once and that was it. This is a first for me as I usually cut several pieces, try it six ways to Sunday and then take it off. Also, I couldn't have made that polka dot lie on top of the knot if I'd tried. And there it is. I think I should go and buy a lottery ticket or something. It must be my lucky day. Either that or the ribbon was making up for the stray flecks of Polished Pigment that got on the springtini piece (grr!).

This was a fun card to make - lots of colouring (my favourite) and I inked up 3 virgin stamps, and got to do some direct-to-paper ink smooshing, my current favourite technique. All in all this was a fun one, despite the potential for a high orange quotient.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies: Stamps: Stamping Bella (springtini, 3 daisies, have a fairy happy birthday); Ink: Memento greens and yellows, Versamark champagne dazzle, Memories black; Paper: watercolour, gable green, green galore, whisper white, bazzill yellow; Other: Tombow markers, Swarovski crystal, stickles, glaze pen, glitter pen, ribbon, word window punch, pinked-edge decorative scissors.

1 comment:

  1. This looks way better to drink than that nasty green beer, beautiful card Karen!

    ReplyDelete