Tuesday 15 April 2008

Faux Batik Card


Here's the card that was published (!) in Crafts 'n' Things (http://www.craftsnthings.com/) in the Design Focus section. I'd submitted a card for the design focus using mulberry paper. I just heard back from them that I'm allowed to post this here.
Here's the tutorial on splitcoast that I followed to get the look.
I stamped the fern with Versamark and clear embossed it. Then I added colours in random patches with watercolor wonder crayons and a damp foam brush. Then I removed the embossing powder with an iron and scrap paper. The sentiment is embossed as well for texture, and the punched fern is one I had in my stash so I don't remember who the maker of the punch is. This was a fun card to make and I'll be trying this technique again. There are so many possibilities! I just need to expand my selection of solid-image stamps since I tend to be drawn to the line art ones since I love colouring so much.
Thanks for looking!
Supplies: Stamps: Monkey Paw Fern - Rubber Stampede, Sunshine in the heart... - Friend to Friend by Stampin' Up; Ink: turquoise pigment - Colorbox, versamark - Tsukineko; Paper: blue metallic paper, white mulberry tissue, elegant eggplant, taken with teal, whisper white; Other: clear embossing powder, rhinestone brad, fern punch, watercolor wonder crayons, foam brush.

3 comments:

  1. Ah, I know that punch! You gave it to me, and it's from Emagination Crafts, Inc.
    Such a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous....I love the background. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. Congrats on getting it published. That background is stunning, but the rest of the card works with it so well.

    ReplyDelete