Monday 24 November 2008

Gorgeous birthday card!



I'm off work today (yay!) to be home with DD2 to work on toilet training her. I guess as reasons to be home go, it's one of the less glamourous, still it's better than being at work! She's doing really well. I'm so proud! We're just working on waking-hour training right now, but she's making great progress.


She's napping now, so I'm stealing a few minutes for a post.

This is the birthday card my mother made me. Isn't it stunning! She's a stamper too, and we have spent many happy hours together stamping. Here's a virtual {hug} for my mother, who could use a real one :-)

Anyway, back to the card. She inked up the bird image (Local King Rubber Stamps) with markers and stamped it on glossy. It's hard to see in the photo, but she's overstamped it with woodgrain (also Local King). Some pretty background paper and embellishments later, and you have the best, purdiest, wonderfullest birthday card ever! Thanks Mum! I love it!

Let me forestall any errant birthday wishes. My birthday was this summer, it's just taken a while to get the pictures uploaded off my camera onto the computer for posting. It's just a task that never made it high up the list of priorities. It got done recently because DD1 needed some recent pictures printed off for a school project.

I'm off to do some stamping now - dear Heather (Heather's Stamping Haven) lent me the famous and much-coveted Santa Collage (Rubber Stampede) stamp. I have been having a blast playing with that and will have more to post soon.

Supply list: Ask me mudd'r!

No comments:

Post a Comment